Monday 28 March 2011

The Brilliant Ellen Blanck - the delightful Electronics Virtuoso...thankyou..

Dear Ellen. To say that I'm 'all thumbs' when it comes to texting on an iphone - forever sending texts prematurely because my fat finger accidentally touches the 'send' key when it means to type the 'o', 'p', or 'a', situated by the 'send' key - the 'a' with a ring over the top - Swedish letter which is not on my computer's keyboard...I've had the pleasure of Ellen's Friendship for several years now, through my association with the brilliant Anna Larsson, contralto, and her terrific tenor husband, Goran Eliasson. Ellen joined the staff of their singers agency Eliasson Artists a some months ago ...fantastic..Ellen is also a great photographer, and most of the photo's in Anna's Blogg are created by Ellen..she has a 'really good eye' with a camera as you can see for yourself if you look in Anna's Blogg at anna larsson.nu I've been having some trouble with my Blogg Posting recently..going out into different pages on screen.., and Ellen discovered what I hadn't - there were two sites!!! No mystery for this whizz kid in electronic communication ...my excuse is that my brain is not sure what my fingers are controlling through a key, in the way that it is when one hand writes ...but it's actually just a question of logic...hmmm...' ...I mentioned to Ellen that when I was Studio Controller of The Performing Arts Dept., at The University of Birmingham in the 1970's, most of us on the staff considered the Electronic Dept. boffins (technical research scientists) a bit 'doolally' when they were enthusing about 'electronic mail'- "Pardon me - letters thro' a piece of cable..hmm..?" ....we all thought they were mad...well of course, they were!! Any innovator is usually considered 'off of their trolley' - you have to be to think and create beyond normallity, and that which is already known ... it's in the genius category -whatever that is.. ha ha haaa......so now I'll see if I can post this successfully..I'll owe you a nice meal and champagne if I can Ellen, and many thanks for your continued support of this pathetic old Pensioner ...he he hee .... nighty night....sleep tight...and k..p b.......g.....zzzzzz

No comments: